IOBC Travel Award - Support for young researchers
The International Organisation for Biological Control (IOBC) is offering support of a total of Euro 5,000 for early career researchers to attend the 28th IOBC-Global IWGO Conference in Kenia. Award values for attendees to support travel to the meeting will vary as follows:
How to qualify:
- Up to €400 per awardee for attendees from national research institutions from the country the IOBC will take place (Kenya)
- Up to €800 per awardee for attendees from national research institutions from the IOBC region (the entire IOBC Afrotropical region; see www.iobc-global.org)
- Up to €1,200 per awardees for attendees from national research institutions having to travel to another IOBC region
To be eligible for an award you must be:
- 35 years old or less at the time of the meeting
- Individual member of IOBC (institutional memberships are not eligible)
- Present on a topic of relevance to biological control (IPM is accepted)
- Talk or poster as first author accepted
To find out about the benefits of becoming a member of IOBC please go to the membership page on IOBC website
. You can find information on how to become a member in your geographic region by clicking on your area in the Regional Sections tab.
How to apply:
To apply for an award, register on-line and submit your abstract. After finishing the registration process please contact Heike Kuhlmann (email@example.com) and provide your contact details, evidence of age (e.g. passport scan) and IOBC membership, the abstract of your presentation, and a cover letter describing the travel and accommodation costs which you like to apply for reimbursement.
The conference organizers will notify by return e-mail by end of January, if the applicant has been chosen to receive financial assistance and how much will be paid.
After the 28th IWGO Conference has taken place, we will proceed with the reimbursement procedure. Reimbursement will be carried out only on provision of receipt(s): Please provide receipts (travel and accommodation tickets/backups as mentioned above), as well as your personal bank account details.